Tuesday 20 September 2011

Kurt Jackson: The Trees of Cornwall

Whilst I was in Cornwall over the summer I visited the lovely Lemon Street Gallery in Truro. They were getting ready for the new Kurt Jackson exhibition TREE: GWEDHEN The Trees of Cornwall, unfortunately I will not get to see it, however there were a few paintings stacked up against a wall and I did have a little peek. I decided to buy the catalogue and it arrived in the post this weekend. Kurt Jackson is a prolific painter and I admire the enthusiasm and joy for painting that he has, if I could produce a fraction of the paintings he does I would be very happy. For this latest exhibition he has focused on the tree population of Cornwall, it is not an encyclopaedic survey it is more an observation of favourite trees which have been followed through the seasons, some are the rarest trees in Britain and some the oldest planted by his own family in the orchard. The exhibition is on now and finishes on the 8th October 2011.



No comments:

Post a Comment