Saturday 19 May 2012

Ruthin Craft Centre

I can't believe it's over a week since my last post, I have hardly done any painting and don't seem to have done anything else either. When I started writing this post I tried to think what did I actually do last week and the result was not very much, it is all a bit of a blur. I did however manage to visit my friend Michele who lives in Wales and we had a lovely day visiting Ruthin Craft Centre and there Japanese exhibition, which features Applied Arts, Architecture, Ceramics, Design and Textiles. I took a few photographs of things I found inspiring.












There were some beautiful ceramics by Takahiro Kondo, small tea bowls made in conjunction with people affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Unfortunately my pictures of these were not very good the picture below does not do them justice.


You can find out more about the exhibition here

2 comments:

  1. Your photographs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Robyn, my camera is fairly new and I have realised I probably need a macro lens for it, but they are so expensive so will have to wait a while.

      Delete