Friday 17 June 2011

Photography

Recently I set myself a challenge of taking a photograph a day, I managed 77 days which I was pleased with but for some reason it seems to have come to a grinding halt. It did help a little with inspiration for my painting but I still need to be braver, I want to paint larger but I keep putting it off. Here are some of my favourite photographs from the past few months and some extras that didn't make it onto the blog.


I love the simplicity of this photograph, the dried flower head hanging in mid air showing both fragility and strength.


I gave this the title of roof garden, it is my studio roof and i like the way the moss has just grown from nothing.


This is my easel, I like the residue left from my paintings the paint that collects on knives and palette and drips that land on the floor.


I had a week were I went blue and white mad which I really enjoyed, it was good to have a theme. This photograph didn't make the blog but I took so many there was a lot to choose from.


Loved the brightness of this it's just a collection of buttons threads and beads sitting in a pot that has had paint in it.

Went through a bit of a vintage phase with washed out colours, this is a favourite jug of mine with some of the dried flowers from the first photograph.


This is my radio sat next to some peeling paintwork. I like the ethereal quality of this and the blurriness of the foreground.

Finally I wanted to do some portraiture but didn't get round to it, this is a photograph of my middle daughter taken on a day out at Tatton Park ( a local National Trust house and garden ). There wasn't much colour to it so I decided to make it black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment