Monday 26 March 2012

Inspiration

Just a few artists that I have found inspiring recently.

Marti Somers, beautiful mixed media paintings exploring the fragility of nature, see her most recent exhibition here




Nicholas Wilton  multi layered paintings in oil and mixed media, he also writes a blog which I found really interesting to read and his method of working is fascinating, constantly painting and then sanding back to reveal the layers underneath.



Ceramicist Elke Sada  has a very painterly style and a fabulous use of colour, each object looks like a mini abstract painting.



6 comments:

  1. Interesting collection Sandra ...like how all three somehow connect...the vessels are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree the vessels are wonderful, very expressive and freely painted, thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, those ceramics are absolutely stunning. The red black & grey one I like especially. What a stunning and useful piece of art. Thank you so much for pointing them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are stunning aren't they, the colours are wonderful. By the way Niki I have left a comment on your blog but wordpress wouldn't let me use my blogger account.

      Delete