Thursday 29 March 2012

Antique Textile Fair Part 3: Quilt

This is my last post about the Antique Textile fair that I went to in early March. The most expensive item I bought was a quilt and I did have a bit of a should I shouldn't I moment about whether to buy it or not. In some way it's not the most prettiest of quilts, it is quite plain but there is just something about it that I really like. It is Kantha quilted so is covered in small colourful stitches, it also has lovely little random patches of patterned fabrics. Apologies again for the amount of photographs, and this is just a few, again it was something that looked good from different angles.












I think this quilt has a real story to tell but I don't know what it is, perhaps I will make one up for it.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that "Should I?" won, the quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree whole heartedly. This is a beautiful piece and I would snap it up in a heart beat.

      Delete
  2. It is quite roughly made but it has a certain charm, and yes Linda I am glad that "should I" won. Thanks for both your comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is exquisite, takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am obsessed with this quilt, the roughness, the simple patchwork and especially the stitching.....I covet it.

    Do you know where it was made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry have only just seen your comments, unfortunately I don't know were it was made but I agree it is exquisite. On one side it is pale blue and a bit greyish and on the other it is the brighter turquoise colours and it has all those lovely little random patches, thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  5. This quilt is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, now I need to start using it as inspiration for my paintings. Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, how very very lovely. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete