Saturday 21 September 2013

The Colour of Ideas


It has been a long time coming but at last I have a solo exhibition which has opened today at the Sale Waterside Arts Centre. It's a small collection of twenty paintings, and I am really delighted with the way the exhibition looks. It is titled The Colour of Ideas which seemed fitting as it has been this blog and the encouragement of my kind commenters, and the blogging community who have inspired me to continue to paint. Also I must give a huge thank you to the Sale Waterside Arts Centre especially Julia Milns who has organised everything for me and Jenny Waterson who encouraged me to apply for the space. And a massive thank you to family and friends who have supported me and being so understanding over the last few months when there has been no housework done, and my constant refusals to coffee invitations (although I have managed a few) and days out.


I also have a website which is now live, thanks to my wonderful husband. There are still some pictures to add to it so it's still a work in progress but nearly finished.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sandra! and your colours really shine out of the frames. I'm sorry I'm not able to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia, I think I should call this my green series as it seems to have been the predominant colour in all the paintings. x

      Delete
  2. Wow, many many congratulations, the show looks fantastic and we cant wait to see it 'in the flesh' . It must be so strange and nerve wracking seeing your work hanging in a public space with everyone looking so closely at it as I imagine each painting is a real reflection of your self and I guess quite personal. I guess you get used to that quite quickly though and are now revelling in pride.

    I've just looked at your lovely website too which I really enjoyed. My immediate favourites are 'Searching for Spring', 'Untitled', 'The 21:00 From London Euston 1' and your rose works on paper but I love them all, every single one, lovely!

    See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Niki I did feel very nervous but as I didn't have a private view (because of funding)I just went down with some friends and family so it was okay,they were very enthusiastic!! And yes when I walked it I did feel very proud I actually couldn't believe I had painted them all!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations - it looks very professional - and so nice to 'see' you.
    Hope it goes really well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, yes I don't normally put pictures of myself on here, but it was one of the best ones I had so I thought I would just be brave!!

      Delete
  4. Lovely paintings. I wish I could be there to see in person. They hold beautiful color and a nice presentation. I think they would look terrific as a collection in a hospital waiting room where people can look at them (for hours!) and they'd bring comfort. (Full disclosure, I used to purchase art for a major hospital here in the US).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, that's an interesting thought,if they don't sell I will have to think about what I do next with them as they take up quite a lot of space in my studio.

      Delete
  5. Hearty congratulations and a huge hug, Sandra.
    The work looks beautiful hanging in the gallery. Well done!
    -sus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sus for your lovely comment :) x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! It looks fabulous! Well done! K.

    ReplyDelete