Friday 9 March 2012

Antique Textile Fair: Part 1

Last Sunday I visited the Antique Textile fair in Manchester which is run by The Textile Society. It is always a really good fair with a good range of textiles, and there are some bargains to had if you go searching. I picked up a few things to add to my collection. I am splitting these images into a few posts because I have got quite a few to share, the first part is mainly English and French, cheap bundles of worn fabrics. I don't think I will be doing anything with them other than using them for inspiration, although I thought maybe I could possibly make a quilt out of them but I would have to do a lot of patching !!








2 comments:

  1. All of these look very nice - I love vintage things, so I think I would have fallen for them too... It'a good idea to use them for inspiration, although a quilt would look good too - in my opinion you should think about this seriously. (Have you ever made a quilt? I'm not sure I'd have enough patience, but I'd love to have a go.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't made a quilt before, but would love to give it a go. Just not sure the materials are up to the job. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete