Wednesday 13 July 2011

Tatton Park Revisited part 2

A few months ago I visited Tatton Park (a local national trust property) and came across a plant which I think is a lace cap hydrangea. I photographed it in winter when all the flower heads were dead and had dried onto the dormant plant. I went back in spring to photograph the new growth and have just been back to photograph the summer growth. I had no idea what colour the flowers were going to be and unfortunately now I have seen it I am a little disappointed. I was expecting some colour, pink, blue or maybe even white but it is in fact a very pale green.




I still think it looks very beautiful if not very colourful, it is quite delicate and ethereal but it also has great strength.


After all that green I needed some colour so took some photographs of the hanging baskets.



Just need one more visit to complete the cycle of spring, summer, autumn and winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment